Cigar Lighters and The Art of Butane Filling
Every cigar lover has their favorite way how to light a cigar by using the necessary accessory like matches or cigar lighters. Some of the best cigar lighters are butane lighters, however they are unable to be shipped filled so that task is left up to the smoker and it can sometimes be tricky.
Before you are able to smoke a cigar, relax or enjoy the great flavors of your favorite cigar, you have to refill the butane lighter. If you follow these steps it should be easy to fill it up and begin to enjoy your cigar, after all your favorite cigar deserves the best cigar lighter.
How to Fill a Butane Lighter: 6 Steps
1) The First step to filling your butane cigar lighter is turn it upside down to change the flame height adjuster to the minimum setting. If it feels like it isn’t turning, don’t force it because it could mean that it is already the max or min limit, just try turning it in the opposite direction.
2) It is important to get all of the air from inside out. If you leave air inside the fuel tank, the lighter can malfunction because the air is keeping the butane from being injected into the tank. To get all the air out you have to push the refilling valve with a screwdriver, or hold it upright and depress the gas release button, letting all the air out until you no longer hear the hissing sound.
3) It is very important that you always refill the butane lighter upside down to insure that you are not injecting air into the fuel tank.
4) Before injecting the butane gas, make sure to shake the can well. Then press the refill stem directly onto the refill valve on the bottom of the lighter. While holding the upside down lighter and the butane can in a straight position, let the gas into the lighter. This should only take about 5 seconds to fill, but repeat shortly if it needs more. Once full you will notice that the lighter is cold.
5) Let the filled butane lighter sit until it reaches room temperature.
6) Finally, turn the flame height adjuster back to your desired height, ignite and enjoy your stogie.
Gotham Cigars carries some of the best cigar lighters on the market. Xikar cigar lighters and Lotus cigar lighters are two top brands available at Gotham. The Lotus lighters are very state of the art and stylish. Their superior quality sets them apart from other cigar accessory brands on the market.
Visit Gotham Cigars to check out the wide selection of some of the best cigar lighters, and find answers to your entire cigar, humidor and cigar accessory questions and to order from the finest selection of quality cigars at the most affordable prices on the market.
1 thought on “How to Fill a Butane Lighter”
Great post Tom, I like the variety of quality cigars.